I’ve been blogging for two years now, I don’t know when I started calling myself a “Blogger” but really who is a blogger ?
a person who regularly writes material for a blog
While some people wouldn’t consider it a real job, it actually generates an income. Because of the last part of the previous sentence, some people think it’s easy to sit home and post on their blog while money will begin to pour to their account. Obviously it’s not that easy but it’s doable, along with paid opportunities as well.
I started this blog as means of an outlet for my postpartum depression and I ventured from there to post about variety of topics, honestly I didn’t think of myself as a blogger. According to most articles you’ll read, they’ll focus on something called SEO and it’s like rocket science to me. I tried understanding it but I think I’m just slow. Because of that, I didn’t see myself as your typical blogger. I still used my blog as a personal space for me and I guess in the blogging community that would be called “niche” or more of my brand.
Being a blogger has been my self-improvement method, it requires me to be a photographer, a critic, a story-teller. Creating content is never an easy task, we bloggers constantly wondering if what we publish would be good enough or enjoyable for the readers. Sometimes numbers of traffic and views would make some obsessed or stressed and it’s definitely not healthy. I’ve fallen to this trap before and I’ve been trying ever since not to compare my blog stats with others, I write whatever I want without sticking to a niche for example calling myself a Mom Blogger who’s supposed to post about parenting and motherhood only.
My point of this post is, it’s okay if you want to blog without categorizing yourself to a label. It’s okay to try to take on blogging opportunities even if you think your blog doesn’t have that many followers or you’re not good enough. As long as you call yourself a “Blogger” you are considered to be a creative person since you create content.
I’ve been tagged by the amazing Halsdoll for this award awhile ago, during that time I was scheduling posts to be published throughout Eid days since I won’t have time by that time so I’m finally back to blogging and ready to do this tag.
- What is your earliest gaming memory?
Playing atari with my aunt and uncle, and I remember it looked like this and the game was some sort of Superman game.
- When did you start blogging and why?
I started blogging on May 2016, it was when my son was four months old and I was going through postpartum depression, and I needed somewhere to vent and express myself. Ever since I started, I’ve been feeling a lot better and I’ve branched my blog to various topics.
- What feature do you wish any of your consoles had that they currently don’t?
I wouldn’t say a feature, I would love for VR sets to be included with the consoles instead of being a standalone products.
- Name a movie that you wish had a video game made after it and what developer would you want to make it and why?
I wanted to say Scott Pilgrim vs The World but I remembered that there’s a game for it already, it’s one of my favorite movies.
- Do you have a games room/corner? If so, let us see it and show your favorite thing in there?
I’m actually planning on doing that, will definitely post about it when I’m done.
- Do you have a child or a pet? Which character do you name it after?
I have a son who’s not exactly named after a character but I also have a betta fish which I named Oceiros from Dark Souls 3.
- What keeps you going when gaming?
I hate losing, it makes me mad when I can’t finish a level or a part in a game. It irritates me having an unfinished game even if I didn’t enjoy it, it gives me the satisfaction of ending a game I guess.
I don’t know who to tag for this so if you enjoyed the question, let me know if you ever posted your answers I would love to read them.
Alright one more tag for this month because I might forget doing them later on the more I delay them. I got tagged by the gorgeous Karalee, be sure to check her blog and her answers … SPECIALLY the Pepsi and Coke one 😀
- Thank and tag the person that has tagged you
- Attach the tag photo
- Answers the This or That questions
- Tag 10-20 friends
- Dog or Cat?
Both, more to cats though.
- Netflix or YouTube?
Definitely YouTube, it’s easier to find what I want on YouTube.
- Phone Call or Text?
Texting … It’s easier to express myself behind screens.
- Toast or Eggs?
Eggs, and I’m only saying it because I’m pregnant and currently can’t stand bread in all shapes and forms.
- Cardio or Weights?
Cardio for sure.
- Facebook or Twitter?
Twitter, I closed my facebook years ago.
- Ice Cream Cone or Snow Cone?
Ice Cream Cone, I like eating chocolate in the end of the cone.
- Mobile Games or Console Games?
Console, I don’t consider mobile games actual games. They are more of a passing time sort of games, not that immersive and awards you for coming back to the app.
- While walking: Music or Podcasts?
Well, considering my country is super hot obviously I won’t walk that long. I’m going to answer this when I’m driving, I enjoy podcasts while going to work since it takes me 45 minutes to reach but if I’m going out for anything else than work I’ll listen to music.
- iOS or Android?
Android, I can’t stand the restrictions of iOS and I like more customization in my devices.
- Cake or Pie?
- Swimming or Sunbathing?
Swimming, I’m pretty sure I’m tanned enough since I’m Arab.
- New Clothes or New Phone?
Phone, I’m very interested in electronic devices.
- Rich Friend or Loyal Friend?
Loyal, I never used money as a measurement in any relationship I ever had.
- Football or Basketball?
I hate sports to be honest so neither.
- Nice Car or Nice Home Interior?
Interior, I feel it’s important to feel satisfied and relaxed in your own home since you spend most of the time there.
- What’s worse: Laundry or Dishes?
Dishes, imagine touching something soggy all the sudden … eww.
- Jogging or Hiking?
Hiking, you can take your time appreciating your surrounding than moving faster.
- Bath or Shower?
Since I’m pregnant, right now I’ll say bath. I need my relax time for my aching joints.
- Sneakers or sandals?
Sandals.. Wearing sneakers with abaya is weird.
- Glasses or Contacts?
I’m fine with both honestly.
- Hamburger or Taco?
Hamburger because tacos has a lot of veggies and I don’t like veggies.
- Couch or Recliner?
Recliner, it’s more comfortable even when you game.
- Online Shopping or Shopping in a Store?
Both, I’m sorry I just can’t choose in this since I love shopping.
- Receive: Email or Letter?
Email since it’s faster and you can reply instantly. I honestly never received a letter … Unless we are talking about my Bank Account log which I dread checking.
- Tablet or Computer?
- Most important in a partner: Intelligent or Funny?
In my opinion humor shows the person intelligence anyway so I’ll go with funny.
- Car or Truck?
Car, I’m too tiny to drive a truck.
- Blue or Red?
Blue, I feel it’s more calm compared to red.
- Money or Free Time?
Money of course.
- Amusement Park or Day at the Beach?
Beach, because I don’t like going to crowdy places.
- At a movie: Candy or Popcorn?
Neither, I always go for nachos.
- Pen or Pencil?
Pencil, I like the feel and sound of the pencil writing.
- Toilet paper: Over or Under?
Over … I think.
- Cups in the cupboard: Right Side Up or Up Side Down?
Up side down.
- Pancake or Waffle?
pancakes … Now I’m hungry.
- Coke or Pepsi?
Coke … I have no idea why.
- Coffee Cup or Thermos?
- Blinds or Curtain?
- Train or Plane?
Never really tried going on a train so plane.
- Phone or Tablet?
Phone, I don’t find tablets useful for me.
- Iced Coffee or Hot Coffee?
Both honestly, I can’t choose.
- Meat or Vegetables?
Meat, I don’t like veggies.
- International Vacation or a New TV?
Vacation of course, who wouldn’t want that.
- Save or Spend?
I try to save more these days.
- Honesty or Other’s Feelings?
Honesty, you can’t make the truth smoother with other feelings.
- Coffee or Tea?
Tea, always been a tea person.
- TV or Book?
I rather read a book, I don’t watch TV that much.
- Movie at Home or Movie at the Theater?
Movie at home, I need to be more comfortable while sitting and also you won’t be annoyed when someone passes by in front of you going back and forth to the bathroom or random people talking over the movie.
- Ocean or Mountains?
- Horror Movie or Comedy Movie?
Comedy of course.
- City or Countryside?
Countryside, it’s less hectic with better scenery.
- Winter or Summer?
Winter, it’s summer all year in my country except a small period of colder climate by December.
- Mac or PC?
PC, Mac isn’t good for gaming.
- Console Gaming or PC Gaming?
Both, I love gaming in all devices.
- Soup or Sandwich?
Sandwich … I need a subway sandwich now.
- Card Game or Board Game?
Card game, like UNO I love it.
- Camping or Binge Watching Shows at Home?
Binge watching, I can’t handle nature for too long.
- Working Alone or Working in a Team?
Alone, I hate depending on someone on stuff I can do.
- Dine In or Delivery?
Both, I can’t choose because it really depends on my mood.
- Sweater or Hoodie?
Hoodie, oversized ones.
- Motorcycle or Bicycle?
Bicycle, Motorcycle is more intimidating to me.
- Book or eBook?
Book, I love reading from paper.
- When sleeping: Fan or No Fan?
AC, I live in a hot country fans aren’t enough.
- TV Shows or Movies?
I nominate anyone reading this, it’s really a fun tag to post.
I’d like to thank Lise for tagging me in this post, it’s been awhile since I did those tags and they are always fun way to refresh the blog.
- Thank the blogger(s) that nominated you in the post and the link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 8-11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the ‘Sunshine Blogger Award” logo on your post and/or in your blog.
Questions from Lise:
- Do you have a saying that you don’t necessarily intend to use but still do?
Comfort is the enemy of progress. I’ve been using this saying more often because I want to believe in it, it helps me whenever I want to get out of my comfort zone.
- What would be your ideal living situation?
Currently the idea of being a stay-in-home mom doesn’t sound so bad.
- If you could have any non traditional pet, what would it be?
A Sugar glider … I’ve always seen them being sold on few online outlets like OLX and animal shops. I’ve done my research on how to take care of them and all, my problem is my in laws. I live with them and they already absolutely hate cats, I don’t know how they’ll react if I brought one.
- What would be your dream job? Do you already have it?
I’m not sure what to say at this point because I’ve always wanted to work around PCs. I like checking computer parts and building them which is somewhat my job but at the same time I hate the work environment I’m currently in and certain people I have to deal with there. Blogging is my venting outlet and who knows maybe I’ll turn it to my full-time job and quit my current job.
- What does blogging mean to you?
Like I said in the previous question, blogging is my venting outlet. There are days where you don’t feel like posting anything, and some days you find yourself scheduling 5 posts ahead. It’s something for yourself to manage, there’s no one to nag over you with deadlines or anything. Along with blogging, you get to know other bloggers with same interests as yours and that helps with gaining friendships which I’m not exactly great at in reality.
- Do you have any weird holiday traditions?
Not really, introduce me to some if you got.
- Is there a fictional character you would have loved to meet in real life? Which one?
I had plenty of characters in my head and I went blank when I read this question. I would say Kate Harker from This Savage Song, a book I got in one of OwlCrate boxes. I loved that book so much, I ordered the sequel book Our Dark Duet. Kate is a very interesting character, her personality defined as that strong rough bad girl. she’s like a raw unpolished diamond, she built that strong face to show her father that she’s good enough to be like him .. ruthless. I want to meet her because she’s a very fascinating person and I want to have one-on-one conversation about life.
- What are the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made?
When it comes to skincare, I would say the best purchase is a facial cleansing brush which I’m going to post about on Thursday so stay tuned for that. The worst would be the pore cleaner vacuum, it’s useless and I recently tossed it away.
- Whats the worst screw up you’ve ever had in the kitchen?
I barely enter the kitchen to be honest, I know it sounds a little snobby of me but I’ve never been a cooker type of person. I do make those fast easy snacks for myself and my son but not actual cooking … Unless you consider boiling noodles cooking.
- Do you have any “useless” talents? What are they?
I can make my tongue reach my nose, I don’t know what that says about me.
- Has anyone ever tricked you into believing something and then you discovered it wasn’t true? What was it?
Yeah I remember my mom telling me to not spray perfume on my hair because it’ll make my hair turn white. I think it started as a joke from my mom side but I actually believed it throughout my childhood till I found out it was untrue. The whole thing is hilarious now when I’m older, I’ll probably say the same to my kids just to mess with them.
Questions for You
- If you could change your name, what would you choose?
- Do you believe in any conspiracy theories?
- Who do you look up to?
- Favorite movie?
- Do you have any games in your phone?
- What inspires you to be creative?
- What is that one feature you always look in a partner?
- What do you love about your blog?
- Where and when do you write your posts?
- What things are you most grateful for in your life?
- How different is your life to one year ago?
I took few questions from different blogs I found and they seemed interesting. I would nominate almost same bloggers are Lise already did but I’ll add Yuna and also You yes you the one reading this post, I would love to read your post so please let me know in the comments below so I can check it out.
First of all I want to apologize for disappearing this long from blogging, I’ve been sick and for some reason medicine weren’t that effective. Thankfully I’m fine now and I’m so happy that I’m back to my blog.
I’ve been tagged by the beautiful Michala to do this beauty tag, it’s been a while since I did those tags so I thought it would be fun to post.
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
yes, a vanilla scented lip-gloss and I remember it was in a tube container. It was unnaturally shiny but I thought I looked cool.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from a foundation?
Medium or light, I don’t mind showing my face imperfections.
4. Favourite high end brand?
Kat Von D
5. What cosmetics brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
Nars, Jeffree Star, Morphe .. Probably more but I can’t think them now
6. Favourite drugstore brand?
7. Do you wear false lashes?
Not always, only on special occasions.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
I don’t mind going out without makeup actually.
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
I’m not sure about this, I don’t think I have one
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there, or get lots of goodies at once?
Honestly it’s once in a while because I like staying on what I’m more used to so I buy if that product finishes. Also I receive plenty in Glossybox.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely?
I spend not freely but insanely … guilty.
12. Do you utilize coupons, reward cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
We don’t really get much of that in shops, except for Shukran points if that counts.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
Depends on what catches my eyes, I wouldn’t say I have one specific item.
14. Is there a brand you absolutely can’t stand?
Herbal Essence hair products, I tried multiple shampoos even conditioners but it always made my hair more frizzy more messy more dry.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics, like parabens or sulfates?
Not really, I tried recently TRESemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo that claims it has less Sulfates. The only difference I noticed is that it doesn’t bubble like normal shampoos but has the same effect and outcome anyway.
16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
Not really, it depends on what I want. Some stores sell that brand some don’t.
17. Do you like trying new skin care products or do you keep a certain routine?
Yes, this is why I subscribed to Glossybox. They send out brands I never heard or or tried before so I’m always excited to try them out.
18. Favorite bath and body brand?
Bath and Body Works
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
Kat Von D for sure
21. Which celebrity always have great makeup?
Blake Lively, her look is always so effortless and I love how she keeps it natural.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
Not really, I’m not that DEEPLY into makeup.
23. 5 Favorite beauty gurus?
Like I said before I’m not that into makeup to follow beauty gurus, I guess I can say it’s not in my interests list.
24. Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
Yeah I wouldn’t mind using them but they aren’t a priority to me.
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Honestly, can you ever do a perfect line on both eyes in one go ? I don’t think so.
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
I don’t wash my hair daily so when I do wash my hair, obviously I’ll use shampoo then conditioner and sometimes hair mask. After that, while it’s damp I use an oil on the ends.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
I don’t really use concealer so foundation.
29. Would you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Not really, like I said it’s not one of my interests and I feel I teach myself how to do makeup the way I’m comfortable in doing.
30. What do you love about makeup?
I guess it’s always nice to have an option to enhance your look.
Anyone who wishes to do this tag.
I’ve been nominated twice for this award before, back in 2016 and 2017. I’ve been nominated again by justbecomingher (Thank you so much), she’s amazing be sure to check her blog.
MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD according to the beautiful Okoto Enigma ; An award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do with so much love and passion.
- Include the award logo on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one funny or weird question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post (s)
3 Things about myself:
- I don’t do well in crowds, I get anxiety
- I’m bad in replying to people on WhatsApp
- I watch YouTube more than actual TV
Questions from my nominator:
- What inspired your last post?
Brawlhalla post, I wanted to post about games you can get for free on Steam and say my opinion about it.
- What country are you from?
- How did you pick your blogs name?
I’m in my twenties (for now) and I wanted to speak my thoughts on my blog so I chose Musings of a 20 Something Mom
- Describe 2017 in 5 words
a Blessing, enlightening, bittersweet, messy, self-discovery
- Are you wearing shoes right now? (Weird question,lol)
I guess so XD I’m at work
Questions for my nominees:
- Do you have any pets ?
- What word would you use to define your sense of fashion ?
- What’s your guilty pleasure ?
- Android or iOS ?
- What are you insecure about regarding yourself ?
- Lise (because I need more pics of your cats)
- Maggie Simple Life
- Lulu Luvs Makeup
First of all I want to say thank you for all the birthday wishes, it feels weird being 28 and still I’m not exactly living my age. I should be an adult and more responsible by now but … I got no regrets ❤
Secondly, I want to thank Lise and Michala for tagging me in this music tag, be sure to check out their blogs they are my favorites. It’s been a while since I did blogger related tags so this sounded fun to post. Also I needed an excuse to stop playing Stardew Valley and schedule more posts, I just can’t stop playing this game.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
- Shuffle your entire music library and talk about the FIRST FIFTEEN songs that come up
- Mention the songs as well as the artists
- Tag 7 people or more to do this tag and let them know
- Tied Down – Jaymes Young
This track was recommended to me by a friend of mine. I don’t know why I like it but I guess it’s that possessive kind of love lyrics attracted me with his strong vocals. it’s a great song though.
- I Am The Fire – Halestorm
I love Halestorm, I think they are the only female leaded rock band that I follow. I love this track because I feel it’s empowering lyric-wise and of course Lzzy’s vocals are on point.
- Give Me a Sign – Breaking Benjamin
I have a special memory with this track, everytime this song plays I hesitate to skip it because it reminds me of that certain person but other than that I really love this song.
- The Devil Within – Digital Daggers
If you watched Pretty Little Liars, I’m sure you are familiar with this song. This song introduced me to Digital Daggers and the Alternative genre, I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite from them but I definitely don’t hate it.
- Hurricane – Halsey
This song would be my favorite from Halsey’s first album, I really enjoyed that album probably more than newest one.
- Free Radicals – Our Last Night
I highly recommend checking Our Last Night, I feel they need more exposure. This track is from the newest album Selective Hearing, I absolutely love it.
- Close Your Eyes – All-American Rejects
All-American Rejects are my guilty pleasure, I feel I can’t ever grow from punk rock bands. This track is from their newest single, I like this song because it’s mellow and laid back compared to their usual songs.
- Insincerely Yours – Lily Allen
I love how honest and in-your-face Lily’s lyrics are, I love her songs so much.
- idfc – blackbear
I found this song from Discover Weekly on Spotify. Honestly this song is pretty repetitive but I do like the music of it.
- Second Chance – Shinedown
I need to confess this, I’m obsessed with this song. Don’t ask why, just listen to it.
- In Too Deep – Sum 41
It’s a classic, you can’t really skip it without singing along.
- December – Neck Deep
This track was also recommended by a friend of mine, it’s chill and it’s nice to play it in the background while I work on something.
- Moving On – Asking Alexandria
I found this song while creating a playlist for an episode for the radio show and I’ve been in love with it since I first heard it.
- Here With Me – Dido
I’ve been listening to Dido in like forever, and this song is one of my favorites. It’s soothing and it relaxes me when I want a background music while I work on something.
- Daydream – Ruelle
Another song from Pretty Little Liars, I mean honestly the music they choose for every episode is on point. It’s a slow type of song but also gives a haunting dark vibe which attracted me to this song in the first place.