I posted before a guide of a stereotype Arab husband which was for fun and giggles, didn’t really mean it in a serious way because obviously not all Arab men are like that. I thought of posting about problems and struggles us Arab ladies go through in our daily basis but I would like emphasize that it’s just for laughs before some Muslim sjw starts attacking.
- Finding a hijab that matches your clothes. You can have over 20 hijabs in different colors and styles but somehow getting one that fits your current outfit is nearly impossible so you gotta change your whole outfit just for that.
- Taking a selfie while you avoid showing your face. Most Khaliji ladies (Ladies from Oman, UAE, Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain) do this, we don’t show our face just the lower part because we’ll get in trouble if someone finds our photos online.
- Strangers you meet in Eid are somehow related to you. Your family is huge and you have no idea how big it is till Eid rolls and you meet those strangers.
- Have over 100 selfies and no one to show. Like any girl we take a lot of selfies but we can’t really post them online unless we block certain relatives.
- Get a new haircut or dye our hair and no one to show. We wear hijab when we go out so we can’t really flaunt and flip our new amazing hair in public.
- Parents keep repeating that you can travel with your husband. Whenever you ask your parents for something, the first excuse they come up is “you can do that with your husband” and that builds an image in our head that a husband is a genie that will do every wish we want. Nope.
- Blocking male relatives on social media. It’s easy for them to find anything wrong with you online and just start a rumor about you.
- Family members keep hinting of new potential grooms. The annoying part is constantly hearing about potential suitors coming because they heard about you from a relative and didn’t exactly see or met you.
- Going on a date requires a lot of planning. Now this might freak out few extremists but yeah we go on dates and it requires a long time of planning of the time and place because you’ll need to avoid any place you know a relative might show up and see you.
- You can’t have male friends. It’s easier not to talk about them before parents start annoying you about this, or just say colleagues.
- Parents keep comparing you with other daughters. “Your cousin can do this and that while you just stay home laying down” Even if you do well in your life, your parents will forever compare you to others like you are a bad daughter.
- People assume you are related to a certain person just because you have the same last name. We are not related now move on with your life.
- If you reach 25, your marriage chances are slimming down. I have no idea how to explain this logic but social standards made us start freaking out when we reach 25 and we are still single because for some reason when you get older from there, you might end up single forever.
- Something bad happens, blame it on evil eye. This one I find hilarious, whenever something bad happens it means someone didn’t say mashalla and we got hit with the evil eye.
- Juice bars are only for taking pictures for snapchat. We go to juice bars to take pictures of our amazing nails with the drink, pretty much that’s it.
- Freak out when you see another girl wearing same bag or hijab as you. I mean honestly any girl would freak out if she sees someone wearing same clothing as her.
I hope these points made you laugh, I don’t want to make it sound like we are oppressed or something since mainstream media likes to show how bad Muslims are. If I missed out any point let me know in the comments and let’s share the laughs.
Couple of months ago I posted about me being too nice and mentioned some coworker who’s getting too comfortable with me and getting close and I wasn’t really comfortable with that. I decided write a follow-up about it and turn this post to a rant because it’s been bothering me for quite awhile.
In the post I mentioned earlier, this coworker has literally crossed all the lines I’m trying to keep between us and basically started flirting, and I could honestly say it’s all my fault since I’m too nice and I hate being mean. I could post some screenshots of the things he keeps sending to me on Instagram direct messages but they are all in Arabic, he moved his title from being just a coworker to complete creepy stalker because he sent to me a message when I was leaving work which I can translate to “Hey gorgeous, I see you are leaving late today” I didn’t see him at all and it made me really uncomfortable like he’s stalking me and these messages were increasing, I started ignoring them but he just won’t stop. He even messaged me saying “Why did you get married ? You look so young and I was really surprised when you mentioned your husband and even got a son” I can assume he got fed up from how I keep pushing him away and dropping hints about my husband when he really wants to flirt with me thinking I’m approachable because I seem lonely since my husband travels a lot. I was thinking to even post a picture of me and my husband holding hands or something with a romantic caption just to show him back off I love my husband. I didn’t want to be mean but I sent him a message to stop sending me flirty messages because I’m married and I’m really uncomfortable with this, he said sorry but I really wanted to block him. The problem is, I see his face at work and he calls my work phone several times and I ignore.
So here’s my little rant about this because for some reason this dude isn’t the first one who thinks it’s okay to approach a girl just because she’s nice and replied to his messages. I hate being a feminist about all this but seriously it’s not okay to assume she’s into you just because she replied/smiled/laughed/exchanged phone numbers/commented on anything on your social media/listened to your problems. It’s not acceptable also to think we are being flirty because of that, if you are comfortable talking to that person it’s fine but don’t cross the lines that person put completely obvious to you. Think of it this way, would you like it if you saw these messages on your partner’s phone ? It’ll go down in two ways, either you’ll think your partner is cheating on you or you’ll get furious from this creepy stalker who’s harassing her while she’s politely saying “F#$% off”
I wish you all a very happy and peaceful Eid. May Allah accept your good deeds, forgive your transgressions and ease the suffering of all peoples around the globe. Eid Mubarak
I was considering posting this when Ramadan started 15 days ago till I saw Caffeinated and Opinionated post and I thought I don’t want to write something similar to it so I decided to write it based on my observation on girls specifically. I’ll admit that I’m guilty of few of these types honestly.
- The “I gotta tell everyone I’m not fasting” Type
These girls have their periods so they are not fasting but they don’t keep this to themselves, they have to tell everyone in subtle context or by snapping on Snapchat that she’s eating or drinking.
- The “Look I’m cooking” Type
One of Ramadan best things is the food, and some foods are only made during this time so we gotta cherish this moment by showing everyone that we are cooking which only happens during this time. Some girls would cook and just take a picture after they are done but some likes to record the whole thing with ingredients and all even though I can tell you for sure it’s gonna be a dessert because it’s the easiest thing for them.
- The “I’m turning extra religious just for Ramadan” Type
These girls are so dedicated in showing everyone how religious they are by changing their WhatsApp display picture to something related to Ramadan and also posting on social media verses of Quraan and Duaa’s. Some would take that further step by snapping on snapchat an opened Quraan like ‘look at me I’m reading’
- The “I’m gonna sleep all day” Type
This type of girls would stay up all night eating and watching series till dawn then sleep after the sun raises till sunset. I used to be like that before I got married, me and my sister would stay up all night watching horror movies till the sun raises.
- The “I’m hungry therefore I’m angry” Type
I absolutely hate this type of people not only girls, I get it we all are fasting and tired as our energies getting drained but some would be a total jerk and get impatient over small things. Like when I’m going to work, people would abuse the car horn just because there’re traffic jams, seriously what do you expect me to do ? Squeeze my car on the side so you would TRY to pass other stopping cars ?
These are the types I can currently think of but I’m sure there are more that I missed. If you have more types to add, let me know on the comment section below. Have a blessed Ramadan.