Pregnancy is a beautiful journey where you discover your maternal side and all those pretty words they add in every book, article or even cards. I’ve had two pregnancies so far and I’ve experienced different effects in each pregnancy, so I can assure you each pregnancy is different. Along with this bright side of it, the perfect skin and hair obviously there’s a low side as well. Here’s the hard truths about pregnancy and what no one really told me when I got pregnant.
- Stressing over maternity leave. If you are a working mom, maternity leave will be one of the your main concerns because you’ll be counting the days you’re allowed to have while getting paid or add a month or two unpaid. For example I’ve been counting the days I can take while accumulating my annual leave so I can add it after my maternity leave ends so I would have more time to spend with my kids. The whole matter is stressful on it’s own because it feels like I’m forcing myself to go to work while I’m tired and I need to rest.
- The gross side. No one really told me about the gross and disgusting stuff that happens during pregnancy. The burping, the hiccups, passing gas and feeling your dignity fading away along with it. I’m afraid it might happen to me in public and I have no way of controlling this, it just happens at weird times unexpected.
- Everyone likes to tell you about their experience. For some reason every lady wants to tell you about her experience in pregnancy whether it’s good or bad, and if you are a first time mom it might scare you.
- Nine months is a bit too long. You start counting those nine months in weeks and 40 weeks sound easy to pass by but not really. Because you are waiting for those weeks to pass, it’ll seem much longer than it should be and each week just dragging the next one.
- Heartburns. I HATE THEM and it sucks that I only get them at night before I sleep or I just suddenly wake up because of a heartburn. They make me miserable and I found out medicines that supposed to help you, don’t really work with me so ice cream became my best friend. They work instantly and helps with heartburns really fast so I always stock my freezer with different flavors so I wouldn’t get bored.
I love having kids, I don’t mind the pain from labor or childbirth because these only lasts at that moment but the whole nine month journey isn’t exactly my favorite chapter.