I’ve been quite hectic preparing for the baby reception, and getting those last things that I need when the baby arrives. Also finalizing my maternity leave starting my 36 week because I’ll need all the rest and energy I can get before I push out the baby out of me. I wanted to post all the stuff I got for the baby reception but it would give away the gender of the baby and I want to keep it a secret till the birthday so I’m planning to post it when I give birth in few weeks from now.
The baby is starting to drop so my due date has shifted from the end of September to mid September and that made me a bit nervous and anxious, I mean I already know what’s coming up on those last weeks but like they say “Every pregnancy is different” and this pregnancy is definitely different than my previous one so I’m not sure what I’m expecting. I hope that the labor and delivery goes smoother than my first pregnancy since now I know more after experiencing it. I think I’m satisfied with being named a Mom of Two and I have no plans currently in expanding my family more for the time being, I’m planning to go back to college and get a higher degree and changing my career completely.
Along with those planned changes, I’ll probably post less in the upcoming weeks and maybe make it one post every week instead of two I guess it depends on how much free time I can get and how long I need in adapting to my life with a new addition to the family. I’ll still reply to emails I get from my blog and probably be more active on Twitter if you’re interested in following me.
Lastly I wanted to thank everyone who keeps reading my blog, I had no idea I would be reaching this amount of followers and interactions, I had no idea I would get those opportunities from various companies and websites so I’m very grateful for that. Thank you all for the continuous support and god bless you all.
When a friend or family member is having a bad day, it’s hard to know what you can do to really help. Your instinct may be to send a meaningful text message or give them a hug, there are actual science-backed ways to help turn someone’s day around that eliminate a lot of guesswork. For example, if your coworker is feeling flustered, you can offer to go on a walk with them to make them feel better. Light exercise releases endorphins, which helps calm people down.
Or, you can order your friend something yellow, like flowers, which is associated with optimism and positivity, to cheer her up. In fact, just wearing yellow can brighten anyone’s mood (So if you’re not feeling up to snuff, change into something yellow) Of course, in the end, just being there to embrace a bad day with a friend can be meaningful enough because that’s sometimes all you can do. You can still enjoy chocolate or start a gratitude list together, and know that tomorrow will be better.
In my personal opinion, I believe aromatherapy helps in boosting your mood whether you like using essential oil diffuser or candles. Now we all agree that happiness is temporary but maintaining a good mood helps in that feeling, I honestly believe certain scents make me smile even when I’m feeling low. Here’s my personal favorite candle scents that always make my day:
- Moss and Mint: I got this combination in a candle send in an OwlCrate and I absolutely love it, it makes me relax to be honest even without lighting it.
- Gardenia Trees and Fresh Bamboo: Yes I confess, nature scents makes my anxiety levels low that’s why most of my favorites are related to nature. I got a candle from Bath & Body Works and it’s been my favorite ever since, it smells like the air fused with a light floral scent and bamboo.
- Cherry Blossom: I love everything with the Japanese cherry blossoms, I go for shower gels, lotions, candles and perfumes. It’s not too powerful and just the right amount of lightness.
I’m pretty sure there are plenty more scents I could add in this list but these are my personal top 3 which I consider my mood boosters. Let me know what are your ways to make your day.
Today is apparently World Kindness Day. While days seem to be quite ordinary with the usual daily routine, it’s nice to stop for a moment and remember our values. Please remember it’s easy to spread love and be kind to someone, a smile, a nice compliment, even just saying goodmorning to someone may just make their whole day. I hope you all have a great day today and I’m sending virtual flowers to all my readers.
This design is brought to you by FTD
I originally wanted to post it as habits I want to catch on but I saw Lise’s post about August Goals and thought I would do the same but more of a long term goal instead of monthly so here it goes …
Return to developing games. I wanted to post about this before, so I used to love creating games, mostly for fun but I enjoyed the thrill of it. It made my imagination run wild of how the story flow and setting the environment of the game, I loved messing with the scripts because it gave me the opportunity to learn new programming languages and understand the work of gaming engines. I really want to go back in developing games and bettering my programming skills.
Use moisturizing creams and lotions more often. I have a bad habit of neglecting my skin health and it shows that my skin seem too dry. I need to change that and get used to applying creams and lotions so that my skin seem less dry at least not just my face.
Cut out soda drinks. I buy snacks from time to time that I munch on when I’m watching something at night and I always go for soft drinks, I fill up the fridge with such drinks and it’s definitely not healthy. I need to exchange those drinks to fruity drinks perhaps or something more organic.
Crossing my fingers I can achieve those goals soon, what are your long term goals ?
I don’t know why I got all smiley when I read the word Happiness, well I hope it does the same to you. I’ve been tagged by the Lise to do this posts, be sure to check out her blog because she posts some really awesome stuff regularly.
The rules for this tag
- List five things that makes you happy
- Share five songs that makes you happy
- Tag at least five bloggers that makes you happy
Things that makes me happy
- My family. I know it’s not exactly a creative answer but my son and husband are my true happiness, I can’t imagine my life without them.
- Music. Music always have some effect on me, I connect certain songs to memories so whenever I listen to the song, I remember what happened.
- Gaming. I’ve been a gamer as long as I can remember, games makes me happy and also relaxed (specially Harvest Moon)
- Writing. Writing always helped me vent my thoughts either through posting here or my poetry blog, It makes me happy because I can express myself easily through words.
- Books. I love reading, always been since I was a kid but I drifted from that after college because of having a busy life, I got married and then have a child I didn’t have time as before that’s why I subscribed to OwlCrate.
Songs that makes me happy
I normally don’t choose songs that makes me happy for the lyrics so the songs I chose based on how the make me smile or dance in the car when I listen to them.
Bloggers that makes me happy:
I know some of them already did this tag but … you make me happy so I got to list you again 😃
I never thought I’d get 10 followers, now it’s 300 and I’m just overwhelmed. Thank you so much for your lovely comments, having the time to read my pointless blog and pressing the follow button.
When I reached 100 followers, I did a Get to Know me tag and I wanted to do something similar so I found one with new questions.
- Are you named after anyone?
Nope, my name is rather unique and I like that.
- When was the last time you cried?
Before I answer this let me just say, I easily cry over anything whether it’s sad or happy. Now we got that out of the way, I cried recently because I was looking at my son’s old photos and realize how fast he’s grown, time really flies.
- Do you have kids?
Yup, one munchkin
- If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?
I’d like to think I’m a fun person and easy going so yeah I would be a friend to myself.
- Do you use sarcasm a lot?
To the point where people can’t tell the difference if I’m serious or joking.
- What’s the first thing you notice about people?
Eyes, you can tell a lot from the look of their eyes.
- What is your eye color?
- Scary movie or happy endings?
Happy endings, I’m a sucker for Disney movies.
- Favorite smells?
Flowers, I guess
- What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home?
Well I lived in Jordan for 4 years if that counts
- Do you have any special talents?
People tend to get too comfortable with me that they open up too fast, I considered it a curse before but I’d like to think it’s a special talent if I can help someone with it.
- Where were you born?
In a Police hospital … Parents’ jobs privileges
- What are your hobbies?
Reading, writing and gaming.
- Do you have any pets?
I wish =<
- Do you have any siblings?
We are 6 girls and one boy … I know my family is too big.
- How tall are you?
I’m actually quite short, 152 cm
- Funniest moment throughout School?
Me and my friend deciding to sit like L from Death Note throughout the whole day, and that failed miserably because our legs got numb by the 4th period.
- How many countries have you visited?
- What was your favorite/worst subject in High School?
English was my favorite and Social Studies was my worst, I hated it with passion.
- What is your Favorite drink? Animal? Perfume?
Dr Pepper is my favorite drink. I’m a cat person and my all time favorite perfume is Signature Jade from Paris Gallery
- What would you (or have you) name your children?
I’ve always wanted to name my daughter Miral, hopefully my second child would be a girl so I would get to name her that.
- Who are some of your favorite YouTubers?
– CutiePie Marzia
– Emma Blackery
- How would you describe your fashion sense?
I love over-sized tops and leggings, I don’t know what label that will get me
- What phone do you have? (iOS v Android?)
Android, Google Pixel and I love it ❤
And that’s it, I did delete few questions because I didn’t know how to answer them but I hope you enjoyed anyway. Thank you for reading this post and have a nice day.