I’ve been married for a year and few months now and I don’t consider myself an expert but based on what I noticed and heard from other ladies, Arab men are alot more harder to deal with. I know the common saying that women are complicated but I can say it’s the complete opposite and here’s why:
- Don’t expect anything romantic after getting married.
So he swoon you with sweet words and stayed all night talking on the phone during the engagement phase, and you just love to brag to all of your friends that he’s so romantic and treats you like a queen. Well that’s gonna end so fast when you get married and move in together, you’ll slowly realize how a different person he is after seeing all other sides of him.
- Giving a cold attitude is considered manly.
For some reason Arab men think they are manly and tough when they don’t show any emotion and just be cold. I don’t understand how that equals manly to be honest.
- Will try to control you.
He’ll try to control you like it’s his main task in life, will try to control what you wear, how to walk, how you wear your hijab if you wear one, how you talk with other men, which outfit to wear when you go out, how you’ll cover up and who you hang out with.
- Will share your interests only during engagement period.
Like I mentioned in the first point, he’ll share your interests and be romantic only during engagement just to show you he’s interesting in knowing you then later totally go opposite way.
- Going out shopping groceries is considered a date.
My idea of a date is a romantic dinner in a fancy place where both can enjoy themselves and forget all life problems, but no if you say you want to go out he’ll take you grocery shopping if you didn’t specify what do you mean by out.
- Watching football with him is boring but at least you are sitting together.
Sometimes you’ll get frustrated that you two don’t sit together as before so you’ll find yourself watching football with him just for the company and take a chance of a small talk between goal replays and half time.
- He’ll flirt with you on rare unexpected moments.
So you gave up on hearing anything sweet now that you two are married but he’ll surprise you with few flirt lines on such odd moments that it’ll make you freeze in place questioning his sanity.
- Doesn’t bother wearing a wedding ring.
Us women get so happy that we are married and so we wear our wedding ring as a trophy to brag with while men will just wear it in the first months then doesn’t bother wearing it ever again.
- Will expect you to cook.
The forever stereotype of a wife will haunt you as he’ll expect you to cook for him because women should do that.
- Dropping hints won’t make him understand what you mean.
If you want to say something indirectly to him expecting him to understand your hints is a lost cause, I don’t know if he is naturally dense or acting stupid.
- Gets super moody when hungry or sleepy.
Beware of men period if he didn’t sleep well at night or he is hungry, he’ll go on full rude attitude the whole day.
- Hates hearing you complain but it’s okay for him to do that.
He can’t handle hearing you complain, sometimes he’ll just say it to your face “don’t hurt my head” but when he wants to complain, you gotta listen to him from the beginning to the end.
- Will ask for your opinion just to allow you to say it but chooses his opinion otherwise.
He’ll ask you what do think about something just to say “well I asked your opinion” but in the end he’ll still stay on his opinion because he’s always right.
- You’ll remind him of things while he acts he didn’t forget.
He hates being wrong so if you remind him of something he forgot, he’ll act like he didn’t forget but only asking you to make sure.
- You’ll name him Love or Sweetheart on your phone while your name will be just literally your name in his phone and in some cases “the mother of (your child name)”.
I’m not even gonna explain this, it’s depressing as it is.
- Will comment on your appearance as a joke.
Most of us women has insecurities regarding our looks basically our bodies, men however likes to point it out as a joke and makes you think about it more than you should.
- When you say “I love you” he’ll reply okay.
Probably feels too proud to actually reply to you but deep inside you know he loves you without even saying it.
- Fighting over the blanket will become a routine.
The epic battle of who takes most of the blanket will become a routine with a winner each night.
- Hates talking about work so don’t ask “how was your day?”.
He absolutely hates talking about work unless he opens up to you which happens rarely.
- Won’t ask you to teach him something if he needs help.
Again with the manly pride, he doesn’t need anyone’s help because he knows everything.
- It’s okay for him to stay late but if you are still out by 10:30 he’ll turn into your parents and call you like you are on curfew.
Because he’s a man, it’s completely fine for him to come home late but if you were late, he’ll call you like he became your parents and you’re a teenager again.
Please don’t take this too seriously, I’ve wrote it for humor mainly. I would love to know what do you think.